Business Owner and Blogger Jen Miller outlines 5 key website conversion and engagement components, the 5 must haves for every website, helping you enhance existing blog designs and increase product sales in business, all in under ten minutes.
Hi! It’s Jen Miller and on today’s episode, Episode #1, we are going to be talking about the 5 Must Haves For Every Website.
I’ve been in the content business as a journalist, copywriter website builder and blogger and have insight to share with you that will bring you traffic, help you to engage your site visitors and increase your goal conversion.
I had a call earlier today with a client who wants to re-energize his existing website so it can bring more traffic and engagement.
He asked me, “How can I get more traffic?”
I explained that, there are several ways.
The quickest method is to run advertising but it’s also the most expensive and while will bring traffic, won’t necessarily bring the requested engagement.
Advertising can be done on social media through Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter ads, in search engines with pay per click or pay per click (PPC) ads, and in traditional media via print advertising or billboards.
You can also bring traffic to your website by reaching out to existing viewers. If you have built up a subscriber list, a newsletter offer is a simple and inexpensive way to revive interest.
However my favorite way to create engagement on a website is through custom blogging.
Creating unique stories in blog posts and sharing those on social media brings people to your website as well. By doing this you start to build authority on your chosen topics with search engines and gain credibility with your readers at the same time.
This is not as fast as advertising- but your viewers will be more engaged with what you are offering, provided your posts are worthwhile and optimized for your keywords and topic.
I’ve seen sites run paid advertising while starting with blogging and social posting and that really is the best of both worlds. You get the immediacy from the ads and the fresh post content engages and brings those website visitors back to your site.
Your blog content really is an investment and showcasing it starts with a great website. Your website structure indicates your level of professionalism.
The 5 must have of every website are Clarity, Uniqueness, Simple Navigation, Contact info and Current, Engaging Articles.
- Clarity – most people visit your home page first – does it send the message loud and clear of what you do. Does it describe who needs the site or is it confusing? Is it memorable? Does it look attractive. What stands out about the site after you’ve left it?
- Uniqueness – If people read your site, they need to react to what they see. Is your content run of the mill or does it pop? Are you using unique titles, images and text on your topic? If not, you probably won’t find that your site does well with people or search engines.
- Contact Info – How can people reach you to engage more? Do you have an easily visible contact form on every page?
- Simple Navigation – Does your site navigation make sense, avoid jargon and lead to the correct pages?
- Engaging Articles – Are your posts and pages updated frequently and do you seek to make them relevant and entertaining? If not, change your whole site experience by focusing on creating amazing blog posts.
When these 5 fundamental elements are in place, websites perform better.
I’d like to challenge you to take a step back, evaluate your website and ask yourself, Is it clear? Is it unique? How easily can a viewer move through my site? Will they see my contact information on all levels of the site? Am I producing content that is worthwhile to read or watch?
Once you identify where you can improve, you can take action.
Need more insight in how you can be seen blogging, watch more episodes or reach out to me Jen Miller on Twitter @jenblogs4u or on the web at Needseomeonetoblog,com. Talk with you soon!