If you’ve been following my blog at all, you know that I care about 100% original content and safe blog posts. You might even say I’m passionate about 100% original website content. I learned at a young age that repetition and duplicate content were meaningless when it comes to the written word.
People want real stories; new stories.
They want real-time information; cutting-edge information.
Readers want fresh humor; real funny 100% original humor.
Is Your Blog Filled with Original Blog Posts?
Yet, sometimes as blog writers we need to reference other people’s works. These types of blog posts may come as an editorial or a review of a subject and can still be considered original blog posts. Often we will reference another website when writing an article or safe blog post on statistics. We may even retell a joke or a quote from a story, crediting where it commenced.
In the cases referenced above, you can pretty much consider that your website content is made of safe blog posts. Sometimes, however, the line is not quite so clear. Check in with the Copyright Crash Course located online through the University of Texas for more specifics on what you can and can’t use.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to know if you have safe blog posts and 100% original content. If your answers are yes, you most likely have a safe blog post under “fair use” laws. If you answer no to any question, you should reconsider the post, do further research, or seek legal advice before publishing your post, if you are concerned.
Does My Blog Have 100% Original Content?
- Is your safe blog post being used for educational or discussion purposes?
- Are you relating to a personal experience you have had with the material in your original blog posts?
- Did you or your trusted source produce the material?
- Is the information you cited or referenced less than 30% of your post AND is it displayed as a quotation?
- Are you citing or linking to the original content?
- Are your images and videos safe to use, too, in your original blog posts?
Does My Site Have 100% Original Website Content and Original Blog Posts?